The amount of travel that professional golfers are required to do has significant health and performance implications. Simple strategies applied well will decrease the chance of illness, fatigue and jet lag. A small amount of time used at the start of the season, and prior to each tournament will help you perform your best.
At tournament essentials:
• Adjust body clock to local time
• Ensure access to healthy and adequate nutrition and bottled water
• If ill, obtain opinion and treatment from sports medicine doctor (Tuesday/ Wednesday) or tournament doctor (Thursday to Sunday)
• If injury obtain opinion and treatment from physio, or doctor
• If medications required obtain from doctor, remind them about the ET anti-doping policy and obtain written note of medications supplied In emergency physio truck carries small quantity of permitted medications for common illnesses.